Simple Paleo Pumpkin Soup
A simple pumpkin soup perfect for winter or those colder evenings
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 6-7 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 kg of cubed jap (kent) pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli seeds
- 1 400ml can of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder *optional
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cut off the rind of the pumpkin and slice pumpkin into large cubes
- Place the chicken stock in a large pot on the stove, add the pumpkin pieces.
- Allow mixture to boil and reduce heat to simmer until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Add the dried chilli and fish sauce and coconut cream.
- Use an immersion blender to mix until smooth (or process soup in batches using a food processor).
- If the soup needs thickening, return soup to pot and add arrowroot powder and stir until soup starts to thicken or until it starts to boil then remove from heat.
- Add a little cracked pepper to taste
When choosing the jap/kent pumpkin, pick one that has deep orange coloured flesh. Because the more orange the flesh – the more delicious the dish!