Pomegranate & Lime Soda
A refreshing drink with bubbles and a lovely taste.
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 1 medium to large size pomegranate
- 3 Limes
- Soda water (or sparkling mineral water)
- Mint leaves (*for garnish only)
- Cut the pomegranate into quarters.
- Slowly remove the seeds (arials) from the pomegranate.
- Reserve about 15 seeds and put them aside.
- Place the remaining pomegranate seeds into a food processor and mix until smooth
- Place a sieve over a small bowl and slowly pour the pomegranate mixture into the sieve (so that the pomegranate juice collects in the bowl). You may need to use the back of a spoon to push the pomegranate pulp against the sieve to get as much juice as you can.
- Add the juice of three limes to the pomegranate juice.
- Mix the lime and pomegranate juice together.
- Divide the juice between three cocktail or wine glasses.
- Add icecubes and fill with sparkling mineral water (or soda water).
- Garnish with a sprig of mint & a few whole pomegranate seeds.
FOR A SWEETER VERSION : At step 6 place the pomegranate and lime juice in a small saucepan together with 2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar (or 1½ tablespoons of maple syrup), heat and stir until it starts to boil then remove from heat and allow to cool. Continue with step 8 once mixture has cooled.