Pear, Walnut & Cinnamon Scroll
A gluten free Pear, Walnut & Cinnamon Scroll which can be served cold or heated. It’s great by itself (or for a non paleo treat serve with cream or ice cream).
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 2½ cups almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- WET INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (or essence)
- WALNUT FILLING
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely diced fresh pear
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons dried currants
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅛ cup raw honey
- ⅛ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract (or essence)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease a flat baking tray with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Cut two rectangular pieces of baking paper and place the dough in between them.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough evenly into a large rectangle.
- Next you need to loosen the baking paper. To do this remove the top piece of baking paper (do this slowly).
- Place baking paper back on top of the dough but do not press down on it.
- Simply turn the dough and baking paper upside down, so that the loosened baking paper is now on the bottom.
- Slowly remove the top layer of baking paper (this should be the other side that you didn’t remove previously).
- In a small bowl combine the filing ingredients.
- Spread the filling mixture over the flattened dough, then carefully roll it up into a log.
- Use knife to cut log into one inch thick pieces. Carefully place each piece on the lightly greased tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the glaze ingredients. When the cinnamon scrolls have been removed from the oven and have cooled you can drizzle the glaze over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Store in fridge and serve cold (or for a non paleo treat re-heat in the oven and serve with cream or ice-cream) Enjoy!