Note : If you are a vegetarian, you can substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock.
Paleo Silverbeet & Basil Soup
A bright green creamy soup packed full of nutrients from the fresh silverbeet and basil.
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 brown onions
- 300g sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 300g zucchini cut into cubes (or thin slices)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup water
- 4 firmly packed cups of shredded fresh silverbeet (centre stalk removed before shredding)
- 1 firmly packed cup (30g) fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in frypan
- Add onions and garlic and stir until onion is translucent
- Add zucchini, thyme and sweet potato and stir until zucchini starts to soften
- Add chicken stock, salt, cumin & water and stir for two minutes, then reduce heat.
- Add spinach & stir until spinach has wilted
- Remove from heat.
- Place in a large bowl together with the fresh basil leaves and blend with a stick mixer until smooth and creamy (or process in batches in a food processor).
- Add cracked pepper and lemon zest – mix until well combined then serve