At this time of the year there are plenty of get togethers with friends and family. If you are like me, and trying to stick to a paleo diet but have countless social events to attend, it is always great to have a paleo dessert on standby.
My chocolate cheesecake is a paleo dessert which is is smooth, creamy and oh so rich in chocolate flavour… It is simply delicious
No one will ever guess that it is based on cashews and is dairy free!
If you have a thermomix, you will find that blending the soaked cashews into a smooth creamy consistency will take less than a few minutes.
If you don’t have a thermomix (like me) you simply need to place the soaked cashews into a food processor in batches. It will take a little longer – but the result will be the same creamy consistency that you would get if you used a thermomix. Enjoy x M
- BASE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- ⅛ teaspoon bi carb soda (baking soda)
- ⅛ teaspoon finely ground himalayan salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups cashews soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 150g dark chocolate (preferably 70-90% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 Tablespoons hot water
- 1 Tablespoon gelatine powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak overnight.
- Continue with the next step the following day….
- Line the base only of a spring-form cake tin with baking paper
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Place the base ingredients into a bowl and mix together to form a dough.
- Place the dough on the base of the spring-form cake tin and use your fingers to press and spread out the dough evenly across the base.
- Place in oven for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place springform cake tin aside to cool.
- Drain water from cashews (rinse the cashews in water if they are a little sticky)
- Place the cashews into a thermomix with the honey and blend until very smooth. Alternatively, place the cashews and honey into a food processor in batches and blend until very smooth (try placing half the cashews and half the honey in the first batch, the remainder in the second batch).
- Place hot water in a small mug and add gelatine and coffee granules and stir until gelatine has dissolved.
- Add the gelatine mixture, coconut milk and coconut oil to the smooth cashew mixture and blend until well combined.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add to the cashew mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cashew mixture into the spring-form cake tin over the base.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, slowly remove the cheesecake from the spring-form tin.
- Serve on its own for a delicious chocolate treat…
- Alternatively, you may wish to garnish with a handful of fresh (or frozen) raspberries. Enjoy x M