This is a totally decadent slice. Every one I know that has tried this slice has fallen in love with it. The base is dense (just like a brownie) and it has a lovely tangy lemon glaze. Enjoy x M
Paleo Princess Lemon ‘Brownie’ Slice
This is a totally decadent and delicious slice. Every one that I know that has tasted this slice has fallen in love with it. It is dense just like a brownie with a tangy lemon glaze.
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
- ¾ cup blanched almond meal
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot (tapioca) flour
- ½ teaspoon himalayan finely ground salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tightly packed tablespoons of lemon zest
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup honey
- For the coconut topping:
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- For the glaze:
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon (tightly packed) lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
- Put all of the base ingredients into a bowl and mix (with an electric mixer) until well combined
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut topping ingredients together until well combined then set aside
- Grease a baking (ie. brownie) tray and line with baking paper
- Pour base mixture into the baking tray
- Evenly spread the coconut topping over the top of the base mixture
- Use alfoil to cover the brownie tray to form a tent (leaving a gap on two sides for air to escape).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove the alfoil and place back into the oven for a further 5-10 minutes
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Whilst it is cooling, place the lemon glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk (or use an immersion blender) until the mixture is creamy and extremely well combined.
- Once cool, evenly drizzle the lemon glaze over the lemon slice.
TIP – The Alfoil tent will prevent the shredded coconut topping from burning. You do want a little healthy looking golden colour to the top of the paleo slice, so remember to remove the alfoil in the last 5-10 minutes of oven cooking time.This is a totally decadent slice. Every one I know that has tried this slice has fallen in love with it. The base is dense (just like a brownie) and it has a lovely tangy lemon glaze. Enjoy x M