These patties are mild in taste. Serve them with salad or steamed vegetables or alternatively, you can use these as a quick post work out snack on their own.
One of the great things about this recipe is that after you have mixed the lamb mixture together, it is simply as easy as filling the cupcake tray, placing them in the oven and you can literally forget about them for a whole 35 minutes whilst they cook. You will not need to slave over a frypan or spend time moulding patties. The cupcake tray will ensure that you have equal sized patties.
Have a look at the photo of the patties below – they have a great shape thanks to the cupcake tray.
Garnish with very finely chopped fresh parsley.
Note – the mixture will be a little moist, but don’t worry as some of the moisture will evaporate whilst cooking them in the oven.
- 500g lamb mince (preferably organic)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup tightly packed chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup mashed pumpkin (preferably kent)
- 15g garlic (2 large cloves)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon finely ground himalayan pink salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (not salt)
- 1½ tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
- Peel garlic cloves and finely chop garlic
- Place chopped garlic into a food processor together with the mashed pumpkin, rosemary, thyme, cumin, salt, onion powder and parsley.
- Whiz the ingredients in the food processor until smooth and consistent.
- Place lamb mince in a large bowl
- Add mashed pumpkin mixture and egg to the lamb mince and mix well using your hands.
- Add cracked black pepper (approx ⅛ teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper) and mix well.
- Grease a patty cake tray (cupcake baking tray)
- Half fill the patty cake tray with lamb mixture.
- press down on the mixture so that it fills each patty cake hole neatly.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on the top of the lamb mixture in each and every one of the patty cake holes.
- Spoon the remaining mixture on top of the pinenuts and press down on the mixture with your fingers so that each of the patty cake holes is filled evenly with the lamb mixture.
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven when starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before attempting to remove the patties from the patty cake tray.