The best thing about this dip is that it is dairy free, but unless you tell your guests – they are unlikely to notice because it tastes so smooth and creamy it’s hard to believe its dairy free.
For something a little more special, you can place the dip in the oven in an oven proof dish and heat in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.
This creamy artichoke and garlic dip is versatile. You can serve it with sliced vegetables, sweet potato fries, warm bread or crackers. It is also finger licking delicious when spread over grilled steak or steamed vegetables.
Enjoy x M
- 1½ cups raw cashews, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon finely ground himalayan pink salt
- 400g can artichokes, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 20 – 25g peeled fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 30g fresh dill leaves
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place raw cashews in a bowl (or container), cover with water and leave in fridge overnight.
- On the next day, drain the water from the cashews
- Place cashews, garlic, salt, olive oil and water into a food processor and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Place artichokes into a bowl and mash until the hearts have broken down.
- Add artichokes to the food processor together with honey, lemon juice and dill blend until smooth and consistent.