Chocolate Peppermint Balls
Chocolate peppermint balls
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1¾ cups raw almonds
- ⅔ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- For the coconut topping
- 1¼ cups shredded coconut
- ⅛ teaspoon green food colouring (optional)
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Leave on your bench overnight. Continue with the next step on the next day.
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with hot water allow to soak for 15 minutes
- Whilst dates are soaking, drain water from almonds.
- Once dates have soaked for at least 15 minutes, drain water.
- Place dates, almonds, ⅔ cup cacao, 1 cup of shredded coconut, peppermint essence and coconut oil in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Set mixture aside.
- Place the 1¼ cups of shredded coconut and the food colouring (optional) in a food processor and process until the coconut resembles a consistency like dessicated coconut.
- Place this dry coconut mixture into a bowl.
- Roll wet mixture into bite sized balls and roll balls in shredded coconut mixture.
- Place balls in fridge and serve cold.