These mushrooms are absolutely delicious and super simple to make!
Truth be told that I was inspired to create this recipe for a new vegetarian friend.
If you are looking for a simple vegetarian side dish, you are looking for an alternative breakfast idea or you simply love garlic, you must try this recipe as these mushrooms taste amazing. Enjoy x M
- 4-6 large field mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon finely ground himalayan salt
- 20-25g garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon almond meal (optional)
- Finely cut spring onions (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Carefully cut the stalk off the field mushrooms.
- Rub a little olive oil on the base of the mushrooms and place on a baking tray.
- Place the mushroom stalks, salt, garlic, thyme leaves, oregano, olive oil and raw cashews into a blender and whiz until well blended (similar to the photo below).
- Spoon the filling into the field mushrooms.
- Sprinkle almond meal over the top of the mushrooms (optional).
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven you can garnish with finely sliced spring onion.