With only a handful of ingredients, these tasty Bacon and Garlic Mushrooms are delicious and are super easy to make.
What I like about these mushrooms (aside from the fact that they are covered in crispy bacon pieces) is that they can be used as an entree or as finger food when entertaining guests.
- 20 medium sized mushrooms, stalks removed
- 2.5 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 gloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 3 shortcut pieces of bacon
- spring onions & finely diced red capsicum (optional – garnish only)
- ¼ teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the coconut oil, black pepper, garlic and bacon into a large bowl and mix together
- Toss the mushrooms through the oil mixture and place on a baking tray (stalk side up)
- Using your hands, Fill the mushrooms with the garlic and bacon (sprinkle any remaining bacon pieces over the top)
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Moved cooked mushrooms onto a serving place and garnish with chopped spring onion, finely chopped fresh thyme and/or finely diced red capsicum. Enjoy x M