Baked in the oven in a muffin tray, my Smoked Paprika, Beef and Carrot Patties are not only tasty, but super easy to make.
These patties are super versatile. Serve them warm in the form of an open burger, with salad or even with vegetables. If there are any left over they make a delicious lunch served with a salad.
Nothing beats the fact that they are so easy to make & once you have placed them in the oven, you can forget about them until they are cooked.
To make these, you will need a muffin (or a cupcake) tray. For larger patties, use a large muffin tray. For smaller patties, use a medium sized muffin tray (or cupcake tray). When the patties have cooked they will have shrunk a little and once you have let them sit for 10 minutes on the bench, they can be easily removed from the muffin tray using a spoon.
This is a no fuss, easy to prepare and easy to make recipe. Enjoy x M
- 1kg of minced beef
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 egg (*optional – see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Lightly grease one or two muffin trays with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place the diced tomatoes, smoked paprika, ground coriander, garlic, salt, pepper and onion powder in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the minced beef into a large mixing bowl together with the grated carrot, egg (optional), coconut flour and tomato mixture.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Fill each muffin hole up to ¾ full with the mixture and pat down with your fingers (see photo below)
- Place in the oven for 25-35 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes (this will make them easier to remove from the tray).
- Use a spoon to carefully lift the patties out from the muffin tray.
- Serve with salad or vegetables or as an open burger. Enjoy x M