The great news is that you do not need to own an ice cream maker or ice cream machine to make this ice cream!
Whisking the ice-cream at half hour intervals as the ice cream is freezing will make sure the ice cream sets nicely.
You can serve the ice cream on its own or with a bowl of fresh fruit.
Serving suggestion : I served this lovely peach ice cream over a bowl of freshly sliced peaches and then drizzled the pulp of a fresh passionfruit on top – delicious.
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 medium-large peaches, peeled and sliced (500g peach flesh)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups coconut cream
- Place peeled peach slices into a food processor together with the honey and blend until smooth. Place mixture in the fridge.
- Place a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water and place coconut sugar and egg yolks into the bowl.
- Continuously whisk the mixture with an electric whisk or beater whilst it is over the heat until it forms a nice smooth, creamy toffee mixture (the mixture will start off as a watery dark brown mixture and you will need to whisk / beat until the mixture turns into a light toffee coloured mixture which will look and feel like thickened cream. This will take approx 6 minutes).
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the peach mixture and coconut cream.
- Place mixture into a metal bowl and place in the freezer, after half an hour remove the mixture and give it a quick whisk then return to freezer.
- Whisk again after the next half hour.
- Whisk again (for the third time) after the next half hour.
- Leave in the freezer until set.
- Remove the icecream and allow to sit on the bench for 10-20 minutes before serving (this will make it easier to scoop).