The hardest decision that you will need to make is what version you wish to make.
You can choose to make a Chicken Laksa (using chicken breasts only). Alternatively, you can make a seafood laksa using prawns and scallops.
Personally, I like to make a combination Laksa using chicken breast and seafood.
No matter which version, this laksa soup is fresh tasting and delicious.
- ¼ Packet Sweet Potato Noodles (see notes)
- ⅓ cup Paleo Laksa paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 400g can coconut cream
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite sized pieces (see notes for seafood version)
- packet of bean shoots
- fresh coriander leaves and sliced red chilli to garnish
- Place sweet potato noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Place oil in large frypan.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and stir fry until cooked
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock and laksa paste and stir until well combined
- [If adding any prawns or scallops, add in at this point, keep heat on high and stir until seafood is cooked]
- Add remaining chicken stock, water and coconut cream
- Allow to boil then reduce to a simmer and add fish sauce and coconut sugar
- Taste the mixture at this point and add a little more coconut sugar (if you wish for it to be a little sweeter), add a little more fish sauce (if you wish for it to be a little more salty), add a little more water (if you wish for it to be a little thinner in consistency or a little weaker in taste) and add a little extra coconut cream or some coconut milk (if you think it is too spicy).
- Drain sweet potato noodles and place a small amount of noodles at the bottom of each soup bowl.
- Spoon laksa mixture on top of the noodles
- Add a generous handful of fresh bean shoots into the bowl
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sliced red chilli.
- This recipe should make 4 bowls of delicious laksa
Seafood Laska can be made by using 1 cup of frozen scallops, cut in halves or sliced & 12 fresh king prawns, peeled with tail intact. Add the seafood into the laksa as set out in the recipe instructions.
Sweet Potato noodles are often stocked in Australia at the Paleo Cafe stores throughout Australia. Alternatively, as they are manufactured in asia, they are also sold at many asian grocery stores. Google sweet potato vermicelli for images of what the packets look like.