Mexican Pulled Chicken does not have to be slow cooked. This recipe is quick and super easy to make.
Whether you buy a roast chicken or roast your own, there is always usually left over chicken – and you can use it in this recipe!
First you will need to remove the skin and bones from the roast chicken and discard, then pull apart the roast chicken meat with your hands into bite sized pieces. Set aside the pulled chicken.
Next, it’s time to add the mouthwatering mexican spices to the chicken – to do this, follow the instructions in the recipe below.
Once you have made the mexican chicken you can serve it with salad. It’s great in lettuce cups. Alternatively, why not try using it to stuff inside baked zucchini or baked zucchini balls. Enjoy x M
- 4 firmly packed cups of shredded roast chicken (no skin or bones)
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground himalayan pink salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set aside the shredded roast chicken.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a pan and place on medium heat.
- Stir the ingredients until well combined and until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Add the chicken and stir until well combined.
- Continue to stir and toss the chicken for a further 3 minutes (adding just a little extra water if the mixture is too dry).
- Remove from stove and serve.