This creamy mushroom soup is perfect for the cooler months or for anytime you are feeling unwell or generally under the weather.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
This creamy mushroom soup is perfect for cold weather or when you are feeling a little under the weather.
Paleo Princess: Paleo Princess
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder (tapioca flour)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped parsley
- Place one tablespoon of ghee in a frypan and place on medium heat.
- Once ghee has melted, add onion and garlic and stir until onion is translucent
- Place onions in a bowl and return frypan to the stove.
- Add one tablespoon of ghee to frypan and when heated, add the mushrooms and fresh thyme.
- Stir mushrooms until they are soft then add cooked onions, stir until combined.
- Add tapioca powder and stir continuously until well combined.
- Add the beef stock, pepper and coconut cream and stir continuously
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Using an immersion blender, food processor or blender whiz the mixture it is a smooth consistency
- Stir through parsley and serve.
If you are vegetarian, you can substitute vegetable stock for the beef stock.