These chilli and lime cashews are very easy to make and they are great when entertaining guests.
I was lucky enough to sample the entire range of Yumpowder spice blends a couple of weeks ago.
Yumpowder is an Australian spice company that makes and sells paleo friendly spice blends. There are currently five blends to choose from (Religiously Garlic, Original, Chilli & Lime, Italian, Vegan Chicken salt) – and I’m not sure which one is my favourite.
When I sampled the Chilli & Lime spice the first thought that entered my head was “wow…. this would be great on roasted cashews”
So here it is, my recipe for Chilli & Lime Cashews made in a few easy steps with the Yumpowder Chilli & Lime spice blend.
Did I mention that these are very moreish?
I actually served these up during a spice workshop a few weeks ago and they all disappeared very quickly before I even had a chance to try a few myself. So popular in fact, that a few of the ladies went home and made a batch for themselves later that day. Enjoy x M
Special Yumpowder Spice Blend Discount Code (valid until end of April 2016)
Note : Until the end of April 2016, you can use the code “paleoprincess” to obtain a 35% discount off Yumpowder spices from their online store!
- 1½ cups raw cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chilli & Lime Yumpowder
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius
- In a small mug mix hot water with honey until well combined and then set aside
- Place cashews on a baking tray
- Place cashews in oven for 5-7 minutes
- Transfer the cashews nuts to a bowl and add the honey mixture and toss until well combined.
- Place the cashews back on the baking tray.
- Place tray back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. (Important – remove tray from the oven at the 6 minute mark and toss the cashews around on the baking tray to prevent the cashews from burning and to ensure that they are well coated in honey).
- Remove cashews from oven and place in a bowl.
- Mix through Yumpowder and allow to cool.
- You can store in the fridge and prior to serving, break apart any cashews that have stuck together.