These easy to make oven roasted chicken thighs are juicy, delicious and super easy to make.
Bone-in, skin on chicken thighs are relatively inexpensive & are often overlooked. Personally, I have always preferred to cook with chicken breasts.
I decided to experiment with chicken thighs after hearing that they are tender, juicy and inexpensive.
It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare these oven roasted chicken thighs – so they are perfect for a no-fuss evening meal (and great for make ahead meals).
Whilst you can marinate the chicken thighs for as little as one hour, these chicken thighs are more tasty and delicious if you allow them to marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy x M
- 1 heaped tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut amino seasoning (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon of finely ground himalayan salt*
- ½ teaspoon of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in.
- Place the honey, coconut amino seasoning, olive oil and salt (and optional chilli) into a bowl and stir until the ingredients until blended and it has a consistent honey like texture
- If you wish, to maximise the flavour, remove the skin and score the top of the chicken thigh with a sharp knife (this will help the marinade soak into the meat)
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss until the thighs are well coated
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (but ideally, 12 – 24 hours)
- When you are ready to cook the chicken thighs, preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius
- Place a rack into a rousing tray and place the chicken thighs onto the rack, pour one cup of water onto the bottom of the tray. (If you do not have a rack, place the thighs onto an ordinary non stick baking tray and do not add any water).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Garnish with chopped parsley, coriander, chilli flakes and/or slices of fresh lime.
* if you have more than 4 thighs to cook, adjust quantity of marinade ingredients (e.g. for 8 thighs, double the ingredients )